Tawonga Primary School provides learning experiences in the Eight Key Learning Areas of English, Mathematics, Science, The Arts, Health & Physical Education, Languages Other Than English (French), Studies of Society & Environment and Technology Studies, as directed by the Board of Studies within the Curriculum & Standards Framework (CSF).
We complement these subject areas with.......
- Arts performances each term.
- Wider community involvement in programs such as skiing, swimming, school camps, excursions and classrooms.
- Very small class numbers, especially in the important Early Years.
- Excellent computer access in all year levels.
- Specialist Teacher Programs in Physical Education, Music & Art (MACC-Mobile Art & Craft Centre).
- Library services provided by our school library, MARC van (a visiting library service shared by small rural schools in our district) and the North East Regional Bookmobile.
- Extra literacy assistance programs to support individual children in developing reading skills.